|One of two levels of the Stream software is included with each StreamZ, StreamZHD and DRC-Stream solution, providing an intuitive, streamlined interface for video and audio ingest, encoding, transcoding, streaming and distribution with simultaneous output to multiple formats.|
Version 3.3 now available! Read about the new features and how to upgrade here.
The Stream software leads you through the creation of multiple encoded formats in just a few steps, and lets you deliver your content with as little as one mouse click. The Stream software is designed to be the easiest to use professional encoding, streaming and webcasting application available – perfect for the novice, yet powerfully programmable for the expert user.
Tour the Stream software interface.
The Stream software is available in two configurations. Stream LE provides all of the core functionality needed for high-quality media encoding, transcoding and streaming, while Stream FE (Facility Edition) adds expanded workflow automation, integration capabilities and format support. A third software configuration, Stream Live, is included with the StreamZ Live family of dedicated live streaming media encoders. The Stream software is not available without hardware.
See our Software Comparison Chart for a comparison of the features of each level of software, and a chart of which software configuration is bundled with each of our solutions.
The Stream LE software leads you step-by-step through the process of creating multiple encoded formats. Simply choose your video and audio inputs (encode from a live input source, or transcode from existing digital media files), select the formats you wish to encode to, and choose your destination (media files or live streams). You can perform as many simultaneous real-time encodes as your system’s CPU horsepower will allow. The Stream LE software lets you adjust compression settings and hardware pre-processing options as precisely as you want, from production-proven presets to a robust set of manually customizable parameters. Keyword shortcuts (tags) allow metadata, filenames and more to be automatically generated based on company and author information, time and date stamps, file info and more. Settings can be saved in reusable XML-based project files, letting you perform repeat tasks with a single click, or reuse portions within other jobs.
The Stream FE software builds upon the power and flexibility of Stream LE with expanded automation and integration features, plus support for more optional compression and codec formats. Video and audio processing plug-ins such as graphic overlay, adaptive inverse telecine, color space conversion, open captioning, audio track mix-down and optional forensic watermarking can be applied during real-time ingest, encoding or transcoding. Third-party DirectX and DMO plug-ins can be added for additional video and audio processing flexibility. Features such as frame-accurate RS422 deck control, standalone logging, e-mail notification, automated FTP delivery, clip list transcoding and concatenation, external scripting and DVD publishing (including direct support for Rimage and Primera disc publishing systems) help you automate and organize your workflow.
Watch folder support can be combined with powerful template-based publishing to empower your content creators, enabling them to automatically encode and publish to your web site, archive, intranet or FTP server by simply dropping their finished content into your watch folder. Batch Encoding mode captures any input format to an uncompressed media file in real time and automatically transcodes it to multiple formats without user intervention, enabling single-click encoding even when you’ve exceeded your CPU’s real-time encoding power. Group Codecs enable independent video and audio encodes to be multiplexed into selected container formats, and the creation of multiple parallel muxed outputs from the same encodes – eliminating redundant encoding when creating multiple deliverables from the same source.
Key Features and Benefits (Stream LE)
- Easy-to-use interface with single-click encoding
- One interface to capture, encode, transcode and stream
- Simultaneous output to multiple formats, resolutions and bit rates
- Interactive control of hardware preprocessing capabilities
- Closed Caption support
- Programmable event triggers (GPI, duration, custom keys)
- Reusable codec profiles and project settings save time/effort
Key Features and Benefits (Stream FE)
All of the features and benefits of Stream LE plus…
- RS-422 deck control for batch capture and logging
- Batch Encoding (real-time capture with auto transcode)
- Video and audio processing plug-ins (graphic and video overlay, adaptive inverse telecine, audio track mix-down and more)
- E-mail notifications and automated FTP distribution
- Watch Folder support and Batch Transcoding to multiple files or concatenated output
- Direct DVD publishing
- Parallel file multiplexing creates multiple deliverables while eliminating redundant encoding
- Controllable for live streaming with Digital Rapids Broadcast Manager
Supported Formats (Standard and Optional)
Click here for a complete chart of formats for each level of software.
- Microsoft Silverlight (H.264, VC-1, Windows Media WMV, live and on-demand IIS Smooth Streaming)
- Adobe Flash (H.264 or On2 VP6, Dynamic Streaming)
- H.264 for Apple iPhone with integrated segmenting
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, 3GPP
- XDCAM HD, DVCPro, Avid DNxHD
- MXF, GXF, LXF, Omneon
- QuickTime (including Apple ProRes import)
- AVI, Uncompressed
- RED R3D (import)
- Dolby Digital (AC-3) and Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse AAC, MP3, WAV
- and more!
Turnkey multi-format encoding, transcoding and streaming servers
Turnkey encoding, transcoding and streaming server with HD/SD SDI
Capture, encoding and streaming board and software bundles
PCIe boards & software for capture, encoding, transcoding and streaming