Digital Rapids IBC 2012 Preview
Stands # 7.F33 (Main) and 14.351 (Connected World)
Digital Rapids is bringing our complete range of media transformation and workflow technologies and solutions to IBC 2012. Digital Rapids connects content to opportunity, providing innovative solutions, technology and expertise that enable media organizations and professionals to bring live and on-demand video to wider audiences more efficiently, more effectively and more profitably. Empowering applications from revenue-expanding multi-screen distribution to post production and archive, our award-winning hardware and software solutions span ingest, encoding, transcoding, streaming, broadcast and workflow automation.
Our complete solutions portfolio will be featured on our main stand, number 7.F33, with select demonstrations also featured at stand 14.351 in the Connected World area. Digital Rapids will also again power the encoding of content for the IBC TV News website and mobile delivery.
Featured solutions are highlighted below.
File-Based Media Processing and Dynamic Workflows
- Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 powered by Kayak (new!) — Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 -- the next generation of our automated, high-volume, file-based media processing software -- transcends transcoding with powerful new workflow capabilities, efficiency and agility for applications from production and archive to revenue-expanding multi-screen distribution. Built on our new Kayak technology platform, Transcode Manager 2.0 combines its long-standing hallmarks of superior output quality and format flexibility with intelligent, logic-driven workflow automation with rich metadata support; intuitive, visual workflow design tools; and a deep ecosystem of third-party technology partners.
- Kayak (new!) — our ground-breaking new Kayak dynamic workflow platform makes its IBC debut. The same technology foundation powering our new solutions such as Transcode Manager 2.0 for end-user applications, Kayak is available as a comprehensive workflow technology platform for customers, systems integrators and software developers. Kayak enables them to design, deploy and manage customized workflows that empower their businesses with the operational efficiency, agility and insight they need to thrive in the expanding multi-screen media landscape. Kayak's innovative approach streamlines operations and harnesses technology from both Digital Rapids and a rich third-party partner ecosystem.
Encoding for Live Multi-Screen Streaming and Broadcast
- StreamZ Live Broadcast (new!) — The new StreamZ Live Broadcast integrated multi-screen and broadcast live encoder combines Digital Rapids' renowned multi-format output versatility and quality with robust features for the unique demands of broadcast, cable, telco and satellite television operations. Addressing the technical and business convergence of broadcast and multi-platform streaming operations occurring within media organizations, StreamZ Live Broadcast features simultaneous H.264 or MPEG-2 encoding for broadcast applications and multi-format encoding -- including adaptive bit rate (ABR) streaming -- for multi-screen streaming on platforms including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, IPTV, over-the-top (OTT) services and more.
- StreamZ Live (expanded features!) — The StreamZ Live family of encoders provides superior output quality, outstanding reliability and flexible, multi-screen output format support for audience-expanding live streaming applications. Available in single or multi-channel models with HD, SD and IP input choices, StreamZ Live features rich adaptive streaming (ABR) support and simultaneous multi-format output for streaming to devices from mobile phones and tablets to PCs, game consoles and 'smart' TVs. New features include enhanced Closed Caption support for adaptive bit rate streaming and expanded support for automated advertising insertion workflows.
Multi-Format Ingest, Encoding & Archive
- StreamZHD (expanded features!) — A new version of the software for our versatile StreamZHD multi-format, live and file-based encoding system will be showcased. Offering the industry's deepest feature set, StreamZHD provides unmatched quality, flexibility, format support and efficient automation for transforming media for applications from post production and archive to multi-screen live and on-demand distribution. New features will include extended Closed Caption capabilities, expanded support for automated advertising insertion workflows and further enhancements to StreamZHD's renowned encoding quality and performance.
Enterprise Encoding & Streaming
- TouchStream — TouchStream portable live streaming appliances deliver our renowned output quality in a streamlined form factor ideal for live event coverage, corporate and government communications, education, worship and more. TouchStream appliances combine flexible features with unparalleled ease of use through an intuitive touch-screen interface, with multi-format models providing easy adaptability to varying requirements.
Visit Digital Rapids at
Stands 7.F33 (main) and 14.351 (Connected World).
Receive a free pass by registering online and using Customer Ticket number 9502.
Read our IBC Preview