Sept 12, 2003
Digital Rapids Announces StreamPro 2.0 Software Upgrade
IBC2003, Amsterdam: Digital Rapids is proud to announce StreamPro 2.0 software. This upgrade extends the capture, encoding, and transcoding capabilities of existing StreamPro and StreamZ systems. StreamPro 2.0 will be available in Q4 of 2003 and is a chargeable upgrade for current StreamPro 1.5 users.
StreamPro 2.0 upgrade provides new encoding and transcoding capabilities, support for more codecs, integrated remote control capabilities for StreamEnterprise servers and a new automated publishing system.
New StreamPro 2.0 features for all Digital Rapids products include:
- Improved support for Windows Media 9 embedded timecode
- New alert system which uses email lists for notification of project status
- New template based publishing system allows the user to automate the creation of web pages with embedded media players
- Improved WDM driver compatibility
- Support for VLC a VideoLan product for MPEG-2 live streaming including support for both unicast and multicast streaming with low latency
- New software based cropping used when transcoding between digital file formats.
- Multi-pass MPEG-2 encoding
- Improved ftp distribution now supports lists of ftp targets
- Improved transcoding with support for over 20 different sequential image formats including film formats such as Cineon .cin and .dpx files.
- Integrated remote control interface allows StreamPro software to transparently control remote StreamEnterprise licensed servers
StreamPro Remote features can be installed and run on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh OSX platforms.
"StreamPro 2.0 is a significant step forward for our product line” says Brick Eksten, President of Digital Rapids. “The ability to transcode from film formats directly to streaming formats such as Windows Media, or high quality contribution formats such as MPEG-2 significantly shortens the production pipeline allowing studios to move from telecine directly to the network in an editable format, or to instantly deliver dailies. This saves not only time but significant storage and processing resources.”
About Digital Rapids Corporation – Digital Rapids is a leading developer of hardware and software solutions used in facilitating the production and distribution of streaming media content from traditional broadcast sources.Its Stream hardware and software solutions are designed to integrate effortlessly into existing video production facilities and corporate training centers, dramatically increasing the volume and quality of streaming media produced while lowering costs and increasing overall productivity. Digital Rapids Corporation (www.digital-rapids.com) is based in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada.