September 7, 2012
Digital Rapids Announces Extensive Industry Support and New Partnerships for Kayak Workflow Platform
IBC 2012, Amsterdam, Stand 7.F33: Digital Rapids -- the trusted provider of innovative media transformation and workflow solutions for bringing content to wider audiences -- today announced accelerating industry support for the company's ground-breaking new Kayak dynamic workflow platform, with the addition of over 20 new companies to the Kayak ecosystem since the platform's public debut earlier this year.
The new alliances range from technology and solutions providers to systems integration specialists. Third-party companies with offerings spanning all critical workflow functions -- from codec technologies to tools for quality control, audio loudness management, digital rights management and more -- are integrating their technologies directly into the Kayak platform. Meanwhile, systems integration partners stand ready to work with media organizations to deploy Kayak-powered workflows within their operations, including the development of custom Kayak components for proprietary functionality.
The most recent participants in the Kayak partner ecosystem include Automatic Sync Technologies; BuyDRM; Corpus Media Labs; Digimetrics; DSB Consulting; Empress Media Asset Management, LLC; EZDRM; Hitachi Solutions; Ignite Technologies, Inc.; Interra Systems; Irdeto; Manzanita Systems; Minnetonka Audio Software; National TeleConsultants; PixelTools; R Systems Inc.; Screen Subtitling Systems; Signiant; Solekai Systems; Tata Elxsi; Venera Technologies and VidCheck. These companies join over 35 additional industry leaders in Digital Rapids' partner and alliance programs.
A number of these partners are showcasing or announcing Kayak-based components and solutions at the IBC exhibition in Amsterdam, including:
- Digimetrics' Eos Audio Normalizer corrects, in a single pass, audio to ATSC A/85, EBU R128 and ARIB TR-B32 specifications for regulatory compliance. Digimetrics is also developing a Kayak component based on their Aurora quality control solution.
- Interra Systems' Baton enterprise-class quality control solution verifies file-based content passing through various steps of Kayak workflows for conformance to format standards, regulatory compliance and a wide variety of video and audio quality checks.
- Multiple MPEG-related solutions from Manzanita Systems, including an array of multiplexers -- for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), the recently released MPEG-DASH specification, MPEG transport streams and program streams -- and the CrossCheck™ automated transport stream analyzer.
- PixelTools MPEG Encoder, providing high-quality MPEG-2 encoding for broadcast and IP applications of content up to 16K by 16K frame sizes with support for Closed Captions, AFD, CGMS, APS and Advisory Data insertion.
- Tata Elxsi's AAC-LC audio codec, with additional audio and video pre/post-processing and codec components targeting broadcast workflows also planned.
- Venera Technologies' PulsarBridge, providing an interface between Kayak-based media processing workflows and Venera's Pulsar quality control software for automatic media file verification. Venera is also planning further Kayak integrations.
These new developments join Kayak components demonstrated earlier this year, including audio and video encoding and management solutions from Dolby Laboratories, DTS and Rovi's MainConcept.
A significant departure from other workflow technology approaches, Kayak enables media organizations to design, deploy and manage customized workflows that empower their businesses with the operational efficiency, agility and insight they need to thrive in the expanding multi-screen media landscape. Kayak's component-based architecture and rich, open ecosystem provide customers with unparalleled ease in integrating new technologies in response to market trends or new opportunities, while its intelligent automation and dynamic deployment model maximize processing efficiency, optimize resource utilization, minimize management effort and reduce costs.
Kayak is available as a comprehensive workflow design and development platform for systems integrators, software developers and customers, and 'under-the hood' of Digital Rapids' newest solutions for end-user applications, including version 2.0 of the Digital Rapids Transcode Manager high-volume media processing software and the StreamZ Live Broadcast integrated broadcast/multi-screen live encoder.