The hardware heart of quality
Video in; high-quality encoded video out. It’s that easy. DRC-Stream cards are more than just capture cards, and are designed specifically to provide optimal quality for video and audio encoding and streaming while making the most efficient use of bandwidth in the output file or stream.
Each video channel features powerful real-time preprocessing capabilities. Motion adaptive de-interlacing with pixel-level analysis lets you create video for PCs, mobile phones and other progressive-scan viewing devices from interlaced sources without the usual interlace artifacts. 2D and motion adaptive 3D noise reduction automatically reduce or even remove the noise in your video caused by low lighting conditions, analog tapes or transmission, film grain and other noise sources, allowing the video to be compressed more efficiently and at higher quality. DRC-Stream’s hardware pre-processing ensures consistently high quality and bandwidth efficiency while leaving the workstation’s CPU free to encode more outputs simultaneously. Hardware-based graphic overlay and video proc amp controls let you brand and refine your video, and each audio processing channel features 7-band parametric EQ and dynamic range compression/expansion to make sure your message gets through loud and clear.
Streamlined, versatile software
The included Stream LE software leads you step-by-step through the process of creating multiple encoded formats. Stream LE is very easy to use – perfect for the novice, yet powerfully programmable for the expert user. Simply choose your video and audio inputs (encoding from a live input source, or transcoding from existing digital media files), select the formats you wish to encode to, and choose your destination (media files or live streams). Stream LE can manage encoding and output parameters for you using production-tested presets, or you can customize parameters in as much detail as you like. For even more software power, you can add the optional Stream FE software upgrade, with expanded workflow automation and integration capabilities.
Settings can be saved in reusable XML-based project files. Whenever you want to perform similar tasks, simply load your project file and hit the start button; DRC-Stream will encode and deliver your content with as little as one mouse click. The Stream LE software – one interface that controls all encoding parameters and manages the distribution, streaming and archiving of your media. One click to reach a whole world of new audiences.
Previous: DRC-Stream Overview
Key Features and Benefits
- Purpose-built capture cards for real-time, multi-format video/audio ingest, encoding and streaming
- Easy to use software, customizable for single-click encoding
- Encode from live sources or decks; transcode from existing media files
- Simultaneous output to multiple formats, resolutions and bitrates from same source lets you optimize for each audience
- Comprehensive analog and digital input options including SDI
- Hardware based video preprocessing (e.g. deinterlacing and noise reduction) for optimal quality and bandwidth usage
- Hardware based audio preprocessing inc. EQ and dynamic range compression/expansion
Supported Formats (Standard and Optional)
Click here for a complete chart of formats for each level of software.
- Microsoft Silverlight (H.264, VC-1, Windows Media WMV, live and on-demand IIS Smooth Streaming)
- Adobe Flash (H.264 or On2 VP6, Dynamic Streaming)
- H.264 for Apple iPhone with integrated segmenting
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, 3GPP
- XDCAM HD, DVCPro, Avid DNxHD
- MXF, GXF, LXF, Omneon
- QuickTime (including Apple ProRes import)
- AVI, Uncompressed
- RED R3D (import)
- Dolby Digital (AC-3) and Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse AAC, MP3, WAV
- and more!