|StreamZ versatile, standard-definition media encoding servers deliver high-performance, multi-format video capture and encoding from live sources or decks, transcoding between media file formats and live streaming in comprehensive turnkey solutions that integrate easily into any professional environment.|
Version 3.3 software now available! Read about the new features and how to upgrade here.
Encoding for everything
Multi-platform content distribution and efficient multi-format workflows are necessities for content owners and producers striving to stay ahead in today's competitive media environment. Maximizing the value and reach of your content means dealing with an ever-increasing array of formats to support the network-enabled platforms and devices that have changed how audiences consume video. From encoding file-based deliverables to live streaming, Digital Rapids StreamZ and StreamZHD studio media encoding systems give you the power to efficiently repurpose your media at top quality in any format for any audience, anywhere.
Combining the performance and quality advantages of hardware based preprocessing with the flexibility of software codecs and a powerful yet easy-to-use user interface, StreamZ encoders are ideal for creating and transforming content for today’s expanding array of network-based distribution platforms and file-based production workflows. From real-time encoding and streaming from live sources or decks to faster-than-real-time transcoding from existing media files in over 20 formats, StreamZ can dramatically increase your productivity and output media quality easily and cost-effectively.
StreamZ encoding systems feature a comprehensive range of input options for standard definition video sources. For high definition applications, StreamZHD provides HD/SD format agility.
Multiple formats, one easy workflow
The StreamZ family supports standard and optional compression and container formats including AVC (a.k.a. H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10), VC-1 (Windows Media, Silverlight), Adobe Flash (H.264 or On2 VP6), MPEG-2, XDCAM HD, Avid DNxHD, DVCPro, JPEG2000, H.264 for Apple iPhone and iPad with integrated segmenting, Dolby Digital and Digital Plus, QuickTime, MXF and many more, with a flexible architecture for easy future format expansion. Strict output compliance ensures broad compatibility with devices from PCs to set-top boxes. Dozens of file formats, including additional formats such as QuickTime-wrapped Apple ProRes, can be used as sources for transcoding.
Source video can be encoded to files or streamed in multiple formats, resolutions and bit rates simultaneously in real time, giving you exceptional productivity while targeting multiple distribution channels with individually optimized outputs. The number of simultaneous real-time streams is limited only by the CPU horsepower needed for each chosen format. For complex combinations of formats exceeding available processing power, StreamZ’s Batch Encoding mode captures any input to an uncompressed media file and automatically transcodes it to multiple formats without user intervention. Existing media files from differing resolutions, frame rates and sources can be transcoded to any other output format and concatenated if desired.
With unparalleled quality, versatility, performance and reliability, StreamZ is the ultimate encoder for today's multi-format, multi-platform media opportunties.
Next: StreamZ's Powerful Hardware, Software and Workflow Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- Top-quality, multi-format video/audio ingest, encoding, transcoding and streaming
- Unmatched versatility – encode to files or live streams from live sources or decks; transcode from existing media files
- Simultaneous output to multiple formats, resolutions and bitrates lets you optimize for each target audience or application
- Hardware based video preprocessing for optimal quality and bandwidth usage
- Broad, expandable compression and file format support including adaptive bit rate delivery technologies
- Comprehensive analog and digital input options
- Flexible software with extensive integration, automation and customization features
- All features and benefits of the Stream FE software
Supported Formats (Standard and Optional)
Click here for a complete chart of formats for each level of software.
- Microsoft Silverlight (H.264, VC-1, Windows Media WMV, live and on-demand IIS Smooth Streaming)
- Adobe Flash (H.264 or On2 VP6, Dynamic Streaming)
- H.264 for Apple iPhone/iPad with integrated segmenting
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, 3GPP
- XDCAM HD, DVCPro, Avid DNxHD
- MXF, GXF, LXF, Omneon
- QuickTime (including Apple ProRes import)
- AVI, Uncompressed
- RED R3D (import)
- Dolby Digital (AC-3) and Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse AAC, MP3, WAV
- and more!
- Post production
- Broadcast, cable, telco
- Internet television, IPTV, mobile
- Video on Demand (VOD)
- Content syndication, aggregation
- Live event webcasts
- Web content creation
- DVD and CD encoding
- Digital dailies, review & approval
- Remote news and sports coverage
- Corporate communications, training, web marketing
- Education (lecture streaming and archiving, distance learning)
HD/SD encoding, transcoding and streaming systems
Dedicated live streaming encoders for IPTV, webcasts and more
PCIe board and software bundles for capture, encoding & streaming
Portable streaming appliances with easy touch-screen interface
Enterprise-level management and control of multiple live encoders
Enterprise-level distributed media transcoding automation