April 14, 2004
Digital Rapids Introduces StreamZHD, a Professional High Definition/Standard Definition Video Ingest, Transcoding and Encoding Server
NAB2004, Las Vegas, Nevada: Adding to the extremely popular StreamZ™ product line, Digital Rapids introduces the StreamZHD. StreamZHD is the worlds first format agile, automated ingest, and transcoding server. It also incorporates integrated, hardware based JPEG2000 compression for both lossless and lossy compression modes.
Video modes supported and connections:
- Any uncompressed video format over SDI can be captured as any other video resolution or frame rate.
- SDI in, out, loop (mirrored outputs)
- VGA and HD component analog outputs for inexpensive monitoring
- Reference input
All StreamZHD support the following codec formats as both inputs and outputs:
- JPEG2000 Lossless Compression at typically 3:1
- JPEG2000 Lossy compression approximately 4:1 – 100:1
- Uncompressed 8 or 10 bit video formats
The following formats are supported for automated ingest and transcoding:
- MPEG 1, 2, 4
- Windows Media 9 (including embedded timecode, and 2 pass)
- Real Helix (1 and 2 pass)
- Quicktime (file and Quicktime reference)
- DivX (1 and 2 pass)
- DVD publishing to generate DVD folders ready to burn, complete with chapters
- Many other popular formats including 18 still image formats (DPX, BMP, TIFF, Targa, etc)
The StreamZHD server is delivered as a complete turnkey system ready to deploy and is configurable with up to 1TB of integrated storage, RAID-5, and fibre channel options.