Sept 13, 2002
Digital Rapids Corporation Ships StreamZ XS Line of Dual Xeon Processor Based Turnkey, Dual Channel Streaming Media Encoding and Batch Processing Servers
IBC2002, Amsterdam: Digital Rapids Corporation has shipped the first units of StreamZ XS™ streaming media encoding servers, a new line of turnkey streaming media encoding and batch encoding servers for the high end broadcast and post production market. The StreamZ XS series of servers represent the most powerful media encoding solutions available with dual Xeon processors (up to 2.4GHz each) and up to 1MB of L3 cache. The StreamZ XS server line combines the high performance computing power of Xeon processors with java based application remote control and integrated deck control to complete the most powerful and productive media encoding servers available.
New Features for the StreamZ XS
StreamPro v1.5 application software featuring:
- Java based remote control for Enterprise level integration (password protected)
- Integrated support for external scripting
- Integrated, frame accurate deck control
- Integrated RS-422 timecode triggering
- Full support for Windows Media 9, Real 9 (Helix), Quicktime 6, and MPEG (1,2,4).
StreamZ XS chassis features:
- Dual Xeon processors up to 2.4GHz, supports Hyper-Threading
- 512MB SDRAM
- 36GB Ultra 160 SCSI
- Supports up to 6 hot-swap Ultra 160 SCA SCSI drives
- 1RU or 2RU configurations
- Redundant Power Supply option
- Integrated CD-ROM/Floppy combination
- Front mounted VGA for easy maintenance and service
- DRC-Stream 2500 dual channel video capture and processing PCI board standard
- SDI, DV, Component, Y/C, and Composite video inputs
- AES/EBU, SDI, DV, Balanced and unbalanced audio inputs
StreamZ XS media encoding servers are the first products to combine automated video capture, high end video processing, and hardware based batch processing into one seamless application and workflow.