April 7, 2003
Digital Rapids Announces Free StreamPro 1.5 Software Upgrade
NAB2003, Las Vegas, Nevada: Digital Rapids is proud to announce StreamPro 1.5 software. This upgrade extends the capture, encoding, and transcoding capabilities of existing StreamPro and StreamZ systems. StreamPro 1.5 is a free upgrade for existing StreamPro and StreamZ users and will be available at the beginning of the second quarter.
StreamPro 1.5 upgrade provides new encoding and transcoding capabilities, support for more codecs, new hybrid WDM driver, and a new Java based remote control application for the StreamZ server product line.
StreamPro features for all Digital Rapids products include:
- Windows Media 9 Complex formats including interlace video, embedded timecode, and multi-channel audio
- Support for multiple, simultaneous batch digitizing on dual channel or multi-board installations
- 2-pass encoding support for Windows Media 9, Real Helix, Real 8, and DivX formats.
- MPEG-2 4:2:2 real-time encoding and transcoding
- MPEG-2 DVB/ASI support
- Transcoding is now enabled for all supported file formats
- Quicktime reference file as an input format
- New high performance software scaler allows optimized video scaling for multiple codecs
- Hybrid WDM driver
StreamPro features for Digital Rapids server product line include a new Java based remote control application (Stream Remote) which supports Windows, Linux, and Macintosh OSX platforms. Stream Remote extends the capabilities of the StreamZ server line by adding remote configuration, monitoring, and control capabilities including the following features:
- Encrypted password based security
- Remote creation and editing of encoding profiles including Windows, Real, MPEG, QuickTime, and Sorenson