Careers - Markham, Ontario
Digital Rapids currently has the following openings in our Markham, Ontario location:
Digital Rapids is looking for an electronic hardware developer to help design our next generation of video capture and encoding cards. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can work effectively both independently and as a member of a team. The job will be based out of our Markham, Ontario, Canada office.
The Hardware Development group is responsible for the design of the video and audio capture, playback, and compression boards that constitute the heart of Digital Rapids' hardware/software hybrid products. The group is responsible for the complete design process, from working with Product Management on definition and architecture, through selecting proper components, schematic capture, FPGA design, supervising PCB layout, prototype bring-up and debugging, working with software developers, and all the way through to hand off to manufacturing.
If your education and experience matches the requirements below, and you're interested in joining a growing company in an exciting industry and solving challenging design problems, then we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or approximate equivalent
- FPGA or ASIC design experience, preferably in VHDL
- Functional verification experience using testbenches and simulators such as ModelSim
- Schematic level design experience with PCBs, including component specification and selection
- Familiarity with signal integrity issues such as transmission line effects and power distribution networks at the PCB level
- Experience bringing up new designs and debugging at the board level, including use of standard tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 3-5 years experience in a hardware development position (although recent graduates will also be considered - please include a transcript with your application if you do not have the desired level of work experience)
- Familiarity with Altera FPGAs and design software
- Experience doing RTL level design in Verilog
- Experience with Orcad schematic capture tools
- Experience with PADS layout tool suites
- Familiarity with video interfaces (such as SDI) and video concepts (interlaced and progressive video, colour spaces, image scaling, etc.)
- Familiarity with Video and Audio compression formats such as h.264, VC-1, MPEG2, JPEG-2000, Dolby, etc.
- Experience working closely with software developers and debug tools, preferably in a windows environment
- Exposure to any or all of the following technologies: PCI, PCI Express, Double data rate memory interfaces (DDR2 and DDR3), switching and linear DC to DC power supplies, Gigabit and 10G Ethernet
About the Company
Digital Rapids is a privately held, profitable company that has been in operation since 2001. We are a leader in video ingest, encoding, transcoding and delivery products and technologies. We develop both hardware and software systems for the film and broadcast industry worldwide. Digital Rapids is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and has sales offices in the US, UK and Australia. For more information about the company and our products, please visit our website.
If you think that you qualify for this position, please send your application along with any available portfolio material to [email protected], and specify "Hardware Developer" in the subject line.
Software QA Analyst
Digital Rapids is seeking a QA Analyst to help with the development of a suite of professional products for bringing video to wider audiences and new viewing platforms. You will be responsible for maintaining and executing automated/manual test cases for software and hardware products. In this role you will prepare detailed reports of test results, provide input to test plans and strategies, and log bugs and feature requests. You will also work closely with the QA lead, product managers and software developers to ensure that QA goals have been met.
- Assist and coordinate in designing QA methodologies and analyzing project documents to identify test requirements
- Develop and execute test cases for functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance and stability testing
- Utilize and integrate the latest Windows hardware and software, in combination with customer's software products, to perform your tests
- Identify and analyze software defects found during testing, such as bug replication and verification, and end-to-end tracking of all issues found
- Work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to ensure defects are correctly identified, fixed and incorporated into solutions
- Provide comprehensive work summaries and test result reports
- 2 years or more of QA experience in the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem solving skills in computer software and hardware
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports and test results
- Experience with automated testing tools and software development tools
- Working knowledge of Java, Web Services, XML, SQL and Oracle
- Knowledge of network architectures, communication protocols in LAN/WAN environments, and experience working with routers, switches and firewalls
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a team environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in the digital video industry, video compression technology or related fields
If you think that you qualify for this position, please send your application along with any available portfolio material to [email protected], and specify "Software QA Analyst" in the subject line.
August 22-25, 2012
Visit Digital Rapids at
Stands 7.F33 (main) and 14.351 (Connected World).
Receive a free pass by registering online and using Customer Ticket number 9502.