|StreamZHD format-agile media encoding systems expand the powerful and flexible features of StreamZ into the high definition domain, offering multi-format, high-performance HD/SD video ingest, encoding, transcoding and streaming with outstanding output quality for a broad range of professional applications.|
High definition video anywhere, any time, any format
Broadcast, post production, archive, digital dailies, video on demand (VOD), IPTV, Blu-ray and many other professional applications all depend upon the visual quality offered by HD acquisition, production and distribution. Meanwhile, distribution to multiple platforms – from HDTV to the Web and mobile devices – has become essential to maximizing opportunities in today’s competitive media landscape. Digital Rapids StreamZHD media encoding systems are the industry's most versatile HD content creation and repurposing tools, letting you capture, encode, transcode, stream and deliver your content in multiple formats ranging from uncompressed HD video to high-quality streaming media, all from a single, intuitive interface.
Combining the performance and quality advantages of hardware based preprocessing with the flexibility of software codecs and powerful, robust software features, StreamZHD encoders are ideal for creating and transforming HD content for network-based distribution and file-based production workflows. From real-time HD encoding and HD streaming from live sources or decks to transcoding from existing media files, StreamZHD seamlessly brings together IP-based networks, file-based workflows and high definition video, boosting your productivity, efficiency and output quality.
Multiple formats, one easy workflow
StreamZHD encoders are format agile, on both input and output. StreamZHD can capture HD (1080i, 1080p and 720p) or SD video in its native format, or format convert it during ingest from HD to SD, SD to HD, or between HD resolutions. Real-time down-conversion of dual-link and 3G-SDI inputs allows easy repurposing without the workflow inconvenience and expense of external format converters. StreamZHD also provides a future-proof upgrade path to emerging applications empowered by 3G-SDI.
Source video can be encoded to multiple formats, resolutions and bit rates simultaneously in real time – ideal for optimally reaching multiple audiences and when creating content for adaptive bit rate delivery. For complex combinations of output formats exceeding real-time performance, Batch Encoding mode can capture to an uncompressed media file in real time and automatically transcode it to multiple formats without user intervention. StreamZHD offers the industry’s highest quality for live and on-demand adaptive streaming technologies including HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) with Adobe® Flash® Media Server, Apple® iPhone® and iPad™ HTTP Live Streaming (HLS); and Microsoft IIS Smooth Streaming.
StreamZHD supports standard and optional compression and container formats including AVC/H.264 (including Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, Transport Streams and Elementary Streams), VC-1 (Windows Media), MPEG-2, XDCAM HD, Avid DNxHD®, DVCPro, AVC-Intra (Panasonic P2), JPEG2000, Dolby® Digital and Digital Plus, QuickTime®, MXF, GXF, LXF, Omneon and many more, with a flexible architecture ensuring easy expandability to support future formats. Stereoscopic 3D content can be encoded in H.264 with the optional Digital Rapids Studio AVC Encoder for frame-compatible (side-by-side or top-bottom) 3D delivery.
Next: StreamZHD's Powerful Hardware, Software and Workflow Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- High-quality, multi-format HD/SD ingest, encoding, transcoding and streaming
- Unmatched versatility – encode to files or live streams from live sources or decks; transcode from existing media files
- Hardware based video preprocessing for optimal quality and bandwidth usage
- Simultaneous output to multiple formats, resolutions and bitrates lets you optimize for each each target audience or application
- Broad, expandable compression and file format support including adaptive bit rate delivery technologies
- Comprehensive analog and digital input options
- Dual-channel models process two distinct sources simultaneously
- Flexible software with extensive integration, automation and customization features
- All features and benefits of the Stream FE software
Supported Formats (Standard and Optional)
Click here for a complete chart of formats for each level of software.
- Microsoft Silverlight (H.264, VC-1, Windows Media WMV, live and on-demand IIS Smooth Streaming)
- Adobe Flash (H.264 or On2 VP6, Dynamic Streaming)
- H.264 for Apple iPhone/iPad with integrated segmenting
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, 3GPP
- XDCAM HD, DVCPro, AVC-Intra (Panasonic P2), Avid DNxHD
- MXF, GXF, LXF, Omneon
- QuickTime (including Apple ProRes import)
- AVI, Uncompressed
- RED R3D (import)
- Dolby Digital (AC-3) and Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse AAC, MP3, WAV
- and more!
- Post production
- Broadcast, cable, telco
- IPTV, Internet television
- Video on Demand (VOD)
- Content syndication, aggregation
- Digital dailies, review & approval
- Remote news and sports coverage
Turnkey standard-def encoding, transcoding and streaming systems
PCIe board and software bundles for capture, encoding & streaming
Enterprise-level management and control of multiple live encoders
Enterprise-level distributed media transcoding automation